Connecting to LinkedIn...

Net-a-Porter's CEO steps down


Net-a-Porter chief executive, Mark Sebba, is stepping down after nearly 10 years in the role.

Sebba joined the company in 2003, just three years after it had been founded by Natalie Massenet. Under his rule the company has been recognised for its huge growth and innovative approach to the luxury fashion market. In 2009 they launched the Outnet site (offering fashion ranges at discount prices) and since then have also created Mr Porter in 2011 and Porter in 2014 ( marketed as the worlds first digital weekly fashion magazine).

Mark Sebba said of his retirement “I am stepping down at a time with the company is stronger than ever. Our revenue is growing, we are market leaders and we continue to innovate and raise the bar in terms of our customer experience. We reach an audience globally of over 9m customers across multiple channels: web, mobile and app platforms.”

Natalie Massenet, chair of Net-a-Porter said “Mark Sebba has been the best CEO this company could have hoped for and my greatest ally. Since 2000, Net-A-Porter has championed innovation, creativity, and technology and customer service and at its heart has been a man of incredible integrity, wisdom and strength. Not only has he grown our business exponentially and healthily and guided us through our sale to Richemont – he has also brought calm and confidence to the core of our group.”

Since its foundation in 2000, Net-a-Porter has grown into a major contender within the online fashion sector employing over 2500 staff. It was bought by Richemont in 2010 for £225m.

Published on Tuesday 29 July by Editorial Assistant

Articles similar to

Latest articles

comments powered by Disqus
Top Feature