My client is one of the UK's most successful multi-channel retailers, that currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Assistant Buyer to join their Homewares division.
You must have previous or current Homewares buying experience ideally within kitchen, dinning or Home accessories /fragrances. Alongside this you must have experience of sourcing and developing your own range & you will have excellent commercial awareness and a passion for everything home!
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Planning, sourcing and developing a commercial successful range.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Approving lab-dips, bulk, production and shipment samples.
- Ensuring that all samples meets the brands high standards.
- Completing regular competitor shops and market research. Making suggestions for new products and developments.
- Attending and presenting in range reviews and trade meetings.
- Actively managing and training junior members of the department.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience at Assistant Buyer level with a leading retailer.
- Demonstrable experience working within homewares - kitchen, dinning or Home accessories /fragrances .
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in your approach.
- Have excellent numerical skills
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading retailer going from strength to strength! If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q96760.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.