A growing company operating in the convenience retail space is looking to recruit a Buyer for their Impulse team. This business has great financial backing with over 3 billion of buying power to be able to negoitate the best competitive deals for your customers.
The position will involve ownership of a specific category and delivering strategies that lead to profitable sales growth.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating cost prices that maximise profitability and enable sales growth across all customer sectors
- Developing incremental gross profit opportunities
- Deliver competitive promotional cost prices
- Supporting and participating in strategic projects and initiatives
- Building strong working partnerships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring clear, concise and timely communication of plans and initiatives to suppliers, colleagues and cross functional departments
To be considered for this role you must have experience in a commercial buying and/or category management position ideally within the FMCG retail or wholesale sectors, food is desirable but is not essential.
In addition the following experience and skills are required:
- Strong and effective negotiation skills
- Excellent understanding of all elements of the commercial mix
- Ability to confidently demonstrate tenacity, initiative, determination and assertiveness in pursuit of a commercially successful outcome and manage conflict or challenge where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and persuade at senior levels
- Highly numerate with experience of analyzing performance and market data
- High energy and strong drive
If this sounds like a role for you and you have the experience required we would welcome your application. Please apply today quoting the reference Q99378.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.