An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most established and successful specialty retail businesses. They are now looking to hire a Buyer for their Food Gifting category. This position will be based in London.
As the Buyer, you will be responsible for the following:
· Developing buying strategies and plans for the seasonal products category
· Identifying and sourcing new products to further improve the existing range
· Driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy
· Ensuring the quality and value of the assigned range and category
· Ensuring that all buying transactions are in compliance with the contract principles
· Managing vendor identification, evaluation and selection
· Maintaining strong working relationships and negotiating the best prices with suppliers
To qualify for this role, you must have the following qualifications:
· Substantial experience in a buying role, preferably within the seasonal products category
· Background in DIY retail, garden centres and department stores
· Strong commercial acumen
· Passion for retail, good eye for commercially viable products
· Strong analytical and negotiation skills
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and develop as a professional in an exciting new environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive base salary of up to £45k with car allowance and excellent blue chip benefits. If you think that you have the right qualifications for this position, please send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.