Buyer- Fixed Term Contract
|Job Title||Buyer- Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Location||South London, London|
|Job Advertised||4 days ago|
Buyer- Accessories- Own Brand- 12 Month FTC
This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday household offerings is looking for a Buyer to manage one of their more established categories within Hair & Beauty.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with fast-paced working environment and work with this growing branded category within Beauty Accessories. The product category include lashes, curlers, emery boards, brushes etc. This category will look after a number of different high profile suppliers so will require strong negotiator who will be flexible across different branded categories as well as developing their own-brand offer.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the range, developing and implementing clear category plans
- Identify and source new products and review existing; to ensure commercially viable range of products.
- The need to maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability.
- Dealing with promotional changes and exclusive products for the business.
- Product development and dealing with suppliers to put range together
- Building relationship with external vendors in this Trade based environment
- Sharing knowledge with the product development team to enhance the own-brand offering
You must be:
- An experienced Buyer or Junior Buyer ideally from an mixed products, health & beauty, electrical or food background; though other pure play or large blue-chip retail experience will be considered.
- Experience with own brand and private label is ideal
- Equipped with strong commercial acumen & negotiation skills to maximise profitability for the category.
- Have worked collaboratively with other team including marketing, product development and planning.
- Numerical and analytical with excellent attention to detail
This is a brilliant role within a market leader in the UK retail industry.
This will initially be a 12 month contract with the potential opportunity of going permanent after this period. The base salary for the position is up to £35k, plus bonus and benefits.
If you're interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience, please apply now quoting the reference Q101049.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Apply for this position
2016 Vodafone IoT Barometer
Unlock the value of the Internet of Things with the 2016 Vodafone IoT Barometer. 63% of IoT adopters say they’ve seen “significant” return on their investment in IoT. A predicted 20 billion devices will be connected to the Internet of Things by 2020. Our latest IoT Baromet...
Today’s retail arena is commonly characterized by relentless change and retail competition. In response to that challenge, the 6th Annual OmniShopper International Conference has been uniquely designed to be 100% focused on deeply understanding shopper and consumer behavior, a...
World Retail Congress 2017
World Retail Congress was founded in 2007 in response to retailers seeking a platform for senior leaders to come together to discuss the major issues and trends affecting the industry. In delivering this agenda, the Congress has welcomed thousands of senior retail speakers, fr...