A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager, to join one of the UK's leading online retailers.
As Category manager your main responsibilities will be:
- The overall responsibility is to improve the performance of your team by effective management, development, training and support to include the better use of time, systems and data available.
- To enhance the cash sales by project managing certain ranges, suppliers, or events.
- Developing a stronger use of analytics using both internal and supplier funded analysts.
- To be aware of Sales & Margin daily performance and take corrective action on a daily basis
- Work with the Promotional Function to identify opportunities for trading
As Category Manager your skills will ideally include:
- Wealth of Buying experience within a retail environment, ideally in food but other category experience will be considered
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent negotiation skills with exposure to complex supplier relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and structured - strong time management skills
- Computer literacy and highly numerate
This is a brilliant role which offers a starting salary of £75k-£85k as well as a strong benefits package.
If working for a leading retailer with unparalleled progression opportunities appeals to you, then don't hesitate to apply.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.