Category Manager - West Midlands
|Job Title||Category Manager - West Midlands|
|Location||West Midlands, West Midlands|
|Job Advertised||24 days ago|
Category Manager - West Midlands
This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Service retailer in the UK, with over 300 trading outlets & 5,000 colleagues.
In this Category Manager position you will be responsible for the food retail business. Here you will be develop and implement the categories around the sign-off for the Range, Price, Offer and Format and assist with the stores space and category planning.
You responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the category plans
- Responsible for all promotional and seasonal events included stock allocations.
- Implementing localised categories
Strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis
To construct and implement centralised and local range plans to meet customer needs.
- Managing and leading a team to create results
- Shape the category offer within each format to deliver a tailored range and price proposition
- Managing & Training external stakeholders to ensure all requirements are captured.
- Wastage & stock holding targets vs plan Achieve % margin to plan
- Development of strong partnerships with suppliers to maximize store service levels from both central and direct suppliers
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category, Range Management or Buying experience within retail food retailer or another fast paced retail environment.
- Experience of maintaining and developed supplier relationships
- Experience running and motivating teams to deliver quantifiable results against a defined plan
- Must have experience of influencing stakeholders, regarding introduction of new categories and review of performance of existing ones.
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness to help understand market conditions
This is a great opportunity to work for an national business that is going through growth as well as personal on-going career enhancement. You will receive great benefits including, bonus, pension and holidays and the opportunity to work and progress within a client facing ethical business. If you believe you have the relevant experience for this role please send your cv quoting the reference Q101785.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Apply for this position
How to launch a successful refer-a-friend programme
How to make referrals part of your 2017 marketing mix Your existing customers are your greatest asset. Their loyalty to your brand can help drive new customer acquisition. Find out how you make referrals a new channel in your marketing mix. Read our whitepaper to: Understa...
Retail Shopfitting & Display Summit
The Retail Shopfitting & Display Summit is specifically organised for senior professionals responsible for the shop fittings and displays within their organisation, and those who provide the latest and greatest products and services within the sector.More bespoke than a retail...
World Retail Congress 2017
World Retail Congress was founded in 2007 in response to retailers seeking a platform for senior leaders to come together to discuss the major issues and trends affecting the industry. In delivering this agenda, the Congress has welcomed thousands of senior retail speakers, fr...