This international multi-product retailer & wholesaler is currently looking for a Buying Manager to work alongside the Commercial Buyer & Supply Manager in developing this market leading category further within their business.
As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and European suppliers.
- Working with the Buyer & Supply Manager to complete open to buy forecasts
- Getting customers feedback form Manager's and the Insight team
- Executing category reviews and business plans
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Approving planogram templates
- Determining process to achieve category margins
- Negotiation on all supplier side
- Being responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail, Supplier or Purchasing food background
- Knowledge market retail & wholesale business
- Track record of success within your career
- Have has current or past experience within Fresh food or Produce categories
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels & maintain and developed key supplier relationships
This is a great opportunities to work in in a fast paced environment and be part of a larger business with exposure to the board & executive team and be part of business that has a turnover of a £Billion internationally. If you feel that you have the Category or Buying experience within the given product category please apply today quoting the reference Q99062.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.