My client is looking for a Buyer to join this boutique fashion, footwear & outdoor wear retailer & supplier.
This multi-product retailer has international presence with growing product categories within trend-led retailing. This is a maternity cover position for 9 months with the potential of being extended and will be best suited to a Senior Assistant /Junior or Buyer level who is immediately available.
The duties and responsibilities centre around supporting the Head of Buying in branded buying and ranging strategy business plan.
Key responsibilities -
- Prioritising workflow and conducting regular team reviews to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Selection Buyer of core range from the international office
- Still have the opportunity to manage and develop key strategic relationships with suppliers
- Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments
- Improve gross margin and category sales
- Review current sourcing methods and suppliers to ensure value for money and ethical sourcing
- To provide the business with real time data on competition,
- Negotiate product cost and rebates
- Establish new branded suppliers and contacts
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Proven Buying experience within Fashion, Footwear or multi-buying selection
- This will be a multi-channel opportunity so print, online and stores
- Sourced products from overseas
- Have knowledge of trends of relevant competitor's in the UK high-street.
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- A natural team player with the ability to manage cross departmental relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing retailer, in a key role with great benefits! Including travelling international including the US office, pension and other subsidised benefits. If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q97425A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.