My client, a Trend led retailer is actively seeking a Ladies Handbag Designer to join their Accessories team on a freelance basis.
Key responsibilities to include:
- To contribute to the strategic plan for the bags department by proposing ideas about the latest shapes, colours, moods, fabrics and techniques
- Working closely with buying and product team to develop a commercial and successful range across the ladies handbags department
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of current and potential market/fashion trends within the accessories market
- Producing mood boards to show the overall vision of your area as well as key design influences such as colour, shapes and style.
- Identifying new design opportunities and presenting these to the team and Design Manager accordingly.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within design or fashion
- Previous design experience working in the UK retail fashion industry either with a retailer or key handbags supplier
- Experience of working closely with buying teams and attending Far East product development and factory visits
- Competent user of Illustrator or Photoshop with excellent hand drawing skills.
- Strong communication skills and be able to work well with other departments
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading brand in a creative environment. At present it would be around 4 days a week requirement..
If you have the required skills and experience, send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.