This position is for a UK department store that provides both branded and Private Label merchandise & products for their retail customers.
In this position you will be working alongside the Buyers you will use your knowledge of stock management, forecasting & range planning to allow the right product and availability to get to the stores focusing on all product areas and dealing with a high number of SKU's.
The ultimate role is to deliver & effectively manage the planning & allocation of stock to deliver the sales plan through working collaboratively with your people.
Your responsibilities includes -
- Managing the OTB for the category
- To contribute to the strategic planning alongside the Merchandise Manager and Head of Merchandising.
- Being able to forecast sales, stock and margin
- Collate, coordinate and manage the WSSI to define stock and intake targets and liaising with the Finance team
- Support the Category teams to manage and forecast the Category WSSIs
- Manage the company stock and markdown strategy and margin expectations
- Define the exit strategy for discontinued stock while ensuring the margin budgets are achieved
- Maintain the planning Critical Path
- Highlight opportunities and risks in the merchandising measures, targets and best practises and drive change accordingly.
- Work with stores to manage inventory to maximise availability and minimise overstock.
- To plan sales, margin, stock and markdown budgets
- Identifying opportunities and risks for the categories
- To own and maintain the overall buying critical path.
- Collate, coordinate and manage the WSSI to define stock and intake targets
To be successful you must -
- To be successful in this position you must already be a Merchandiser or Merchandise Manager.
- You must have retail experience but will be open to category whether this is from a department store, supermarket, non-food or mixed good retailer.
- Previous experience of managing people at an Assistant Merchandiser level is desirable
- WSSI & Microsoft Excel skill set is essential
- Confident in own actions and decision making with high levels of enthusiasm!
In reward you will have the opportunity to work in a UK leading retailer with lots of expansion! There is also a bonus, pension and generous holiday allowance. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99986.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.