An opportunity has arisen for a Produce Technologist to join the Technical team of an excellent retail business. At the core of this role is ensuring all products meet the criteria for safe, legal and quality food as well as working with the Development team to deliver an excellent product range that beats customer expectations.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Implementing the technical aspects of the own brand strategy
- Working closely with the NPD team to ensure products comply with own brand standards
- A continual quality monitoring and product conformance programme
- Building relationships within the supply base
- Driving improvements with current suppliers and sourcing and approving new suppliers when necessary
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the industry
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a food science or agronomy related subject
- Have experience in technical roles within the produce sector and hence a well-developed understanding of the fresh produce category
- Have practical auditing skills and a good understanding of industry standards and legislation
- Be an excellent communicator at all levels of business
- Have business and commercial acumen
- Be flexible and willing to travel nationwide and overseas
- Have a passion for good food
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and evolving business. If you have the drive, passion and aptitude to work for this innovative retailer and be part of a team that delivers a shopping experience which exceeds customer expectations then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.