A leading food & FMCG retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Buyer to oversee one of the largest product divisions. As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the category plan to reduce costs and optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable financial support in branded and own-brand product development.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
· Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers & brands
- Developing relationships with their retail estate
· Drive cost down within supply base
· Maintain sales and profit according to Category Plan
· Working in collaboration regarding the promotional & marketing programme to maximise profit and sales
- To identify, source, and develop cons own-brand product ranges
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Food,health & Beauty, Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment
- Ideal but not essential in negotiating & working with wholesale markets
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards P & L budgets
- Experience with Branded and/ or Own-Brand ranges
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, DC & Marketing teams
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Private healthcare & Car . If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q94826.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.