Successful, premium home & gifting retailer that provides everyday stylish homewares, accessories, furniture & gifting. A great destination head office that has been in business for over 10 years. This multi-channel high street retailer is committed to delivering great products and great customer service!
As the Buyer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Sourcing and managing a group of products within their homewares range
- Monitoring stock levels in order to maximise sales.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses across the product range.
- Category management; developing and managing a range of products.
- Selection and range review.
- Manage the profitability of the category by means of pricing, returns, service and sales.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supply with suppliers.
- Develop and implement comprehensive buying strategies
- Lead & Develop and motivate juniors staff members
To be suitable for this position you must have : -
- Buyer experience within a similar which must have Home and or Gifting experience is essential
- Highly analytical & strong negotiation skills to monitor performance of categories.
- Managing and developing a Buyer's Assistant.
- Experience of maintaining, developing and introducing new and existing supplier relationships to get the best commercial result.
- Business astute with good market knowledge
- Multi-channel experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to develop product as well as experience of this
- Experience of sourcing from both the UK & the Far East
You will not only be rewarded with an excellent earning potential but also with career opportunities where you can be part of a growing team that you can influence and develop! If you feel that you have the right skill-set for this position please send us your CV quoting the reference of Q94965.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.