Quality Assurance Controller- Horticulture
A well-known retailer is looking for a QA Controller specifically covering their horticulture offering. Based in Northampton but with trips to visit suppliers, you'll be solely responsible for the quality of the company's large horticulture category and for maintaining the very high standards expected throughout the business.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Visit nurseries/growers throughout the year to ensure plant specification sheets are being adhered to and planned crops/inputs are delivered are achieving the requisite quality
- Collaborates with the buying team to ensure visits are planned in line with inputs and promotions
- Alleviate and ensure that there are no rejections of crops upon arrival at the Hub or at the Retail sites due to quality issues
- Batch checks and spot checks deliveries at the hub to ensure consistent quality
- Creates the right conditions to develop and upgrade the plant quality to surpass all other plant retailers
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with growers and suppliers
- Builds effective working relationships with the distribution and supply chain teams at both the hub and Head Office
Desired personal attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and cultivate strong working relationships
- Time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiatives and self-motivator
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Works well under pressure
- Gains insights into problems and uses initiative and creativeness to deliver solutions
The salary for this role is up to £35k, potentially with some flex for the right candidate.
If you have experience in a Quality role, maybe from a fresh food, fruit or even horticulture background and you're looking for a new challenge, then apply today with and updated CV quoting reference no. Q97298
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.