This successful retailer is looking for a Senior Buyer within their Outdoor, Garden Sundries ranges which key focus of this role is analysing the performance and making decisions of the range. This business is a market leader.
As the Buying Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all the buying process for your assigned product group
- Develop and implement comprehensive buying strategies
- Effectively manage the range, stocks and all commercial aspects of your assigned product group
- Sourcing, selecting & building a commercial range
- Lead & Develop and motivate the Category Managers and Buyers within your team
- Maintaining and developing excellent supplier relations as well as negotiating cost prices, payment terms and discounts
To qualify for this position, the following qualifications are required:
- Buyer, Junior or Senior Assistant Buying experience within a similar retail & garden business from a similar category background.
- Highly analytical & strong negotiation skills to monitor performance of categories.
- Experience of maintaining, developing and introducing new and existing supplier relationships to get the best commercial result.
- Business astute with good market knowledge
- People/team management experience with a track record of developing and leading a team
You will not only be rewarded with an excellent earning potential but also with outstanding career opportunities where you can be part of a growing team that you can influence and develop!. If you feel that you have the right qualifications and leadership qualities for this position please send us your CV quoting the reference of Q98523.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.