Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)
|Job Title||Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)|
|Salary||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Benefits|
|Location||South London, London|
|Job Advertised||about 1 month ago|
Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)
A leading high street retailer based in London, South of the river, is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to oversee one of their growing product divisions within their Health & Beauty categories.
As a Senior Buyer you will be responsible for owning and influencing the trading plan to reduce costs, optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
You will be responsible for:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Analysing all profit streams, cost price and overall performance
- Managing and leading the category from a small team
- To deliver appropriate stock levels via DC and minimising wasted stock
- Being proactive and reactive to market condition
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's sales and income plan
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements, including stock levels and availability.
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Branded Buying/Trading or Category Management at a Senior, Manager or Head of Level within Food Retail, FMCG or Health & beauty.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering a trading strategy for a category.
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Proven experience of influencing individuals and groups that you are not directly managing.
- This will need someone with high influence and ability to challenge the status quo
- Working towards large & complex P & L budgets and making both reactive and proactive decisions from this.
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which includes Bonus, Private healthcare, Generous car or car allowance & Contributory Pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your CV quoting the reference Q101473.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Apply for this position
[eBook] Retail eCommerce- Optimising the Customer Journey
The major goal of any retailer is to increase their conversion rate—yet 72% of retailers see challenges with shopping cart abandonment. Know why? Download our new e-book, Retail eCommerce: Optimising the Customer Journey, to find out how major retailers have figured out how...
Customer Experience Exchange, Europe
Driving Best-in-Class Customer Experience Today To Secure The Customer Of TomorrowThe Customer Experience Exchange is the leading learning and networking event for customer experience decision makers across Europe, bringing together 80 C-level & VPs/Directors of Customer Exper...
Today’s retail arena is commonly characterized by relentless change and retail competition. In response to that challenge, the 6th Annual OmniShopper International Conference has been uniquely designed to be 100% focused on deeply understanding shopper and consumer behavior, a...