A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buying Manager- (Seasonal & Outdoor, Cook & Dine), to join one of the UK's leading online retailers.
As Senior Buying manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing the overall strategic direction and financial plans for the Seasonal and Cook and Dine category
- Deliver propositions and ranges targeted at the customer, including some NPD
- Plan and execute the sourcing of both domestic and non UK products attending supplier visits as required
- Manage the supplier relationship through effective negotiation and delivering added value for the business from identified suppliers
- Monitors and drives sales performance through the continuous review of key competitor activity and adjustment of the proposition as appropriate
- Delivers promotional propositions and ranges targeted at the customer
- Support commercial management and analysis for forecasts and sales figures
- Manage and coach your team of Assistants.
As a Senior Buyer your skills will ideally include:
- Wealth of Buying experience within a retail environment, particularly non-food, ideally gifting and stationery
- Experience of managing large teams
- Sound commercial acumen
- Good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly organised and structured - strong time management skills
- Computer literacy and highly numerate
This is a brilliant role which offers a starting salary of £45k-£60k as well as an industry leading benefits package.
If working for a leading retailer with unparalleled progression opportunities appeals to you, then don't hesitate to apply.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.