Our client is looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to manage the non-food side of their business. This is a challenging and fast paced role in which you will be responsible for implementing purchasing best practice and driving projects that will deliver cost savings, service enhancement and quality improvements across the business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing suppliers and contracts for all non-consumables across the whole business
- Involvement in all aspects of the purchasing cycle from sourcing and negotiations to supplier management and performance
- Developing comprehensive and improved service level agreements across all key suppliers
- Developing excellent working relationships with all suppliers and developing supplier strategies to deliver maximum value to the business
- Working closely with other departments at both a strategic and operational level
- Consistently deliver savings and service enhancements each year through effective tendering and negotiation of contracts
- Delivering strategic projects that drive the business forward
Specific experience and skills required include:
- Strong commercial skills and financial awareness
- Experience negotiating on and purchasing a broad range of non-food related categories
- Experience working in retail or hospitality environments
- Powerful communication skills, able to establish and maintain relationships and engage key people at all levels within the business
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Well-developed project management skills and attention to detail gained through the structured delivery of large-scale, complex projects
- A passion for what you do
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing business and in an exciting and fast moving environment. If you have the experience required and this sounds like the right opportunity for you then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.