IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE ROLE!
This internationally renowned multi-brand retailer has been established for 30 years & is now looking for an experienced Technologist to join their Home Improvement, Kitchen & Bathrooms team for a 6 month contract.
Your role is to support the QA Senior Technologist & Commercial buying teams in all matters of product safety, legal and quality and in the development and introduction of new and existing products.
The ideal candidate will be involved in offering guidance and support to junior members of the team & therefore, leadership qualities are essential for this role.
As a QA Technologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Critical path management from concept through to launch.
- You will be working towards the accountable QA sign-off on all products at sample stages including artwork.
- Continually analyse returns and recommend corrective solutions.
- Create and maintain product technical files
- Use of standard risk assessment tools to help determine and document the potential level of risk to customers, staff & the brand generally.
- There will be occasional travel in Asia & Europe
- You will liaison heavily with Test Laboratories, Brand and Category teams
To be successful, you will:
Have significant technical experience across ideally within home improvement, furniture, Kitchen, Bathrooms, Hardlines either from another successful retailer or manufacturer background.
- Have strong leadership skills and qualities.
- Commercial Awareness; understand the impact of their role in the launch of products and staying true to the company's brand.
- Looking at opportunities to improve or enhance products to drive customer satisfaction but also conscious on margins.
- Stays abreast of new technical and legislative developments.
- Great communicator in meetings that can negotiate and influences other stakeholders
- Be highly organised & commercial and be able to convey technical detail in a clear and concise manner.
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines.
If you are looking for a new challenge on an interim basis and would like to join a leading international retailer to help drive them forward during the next phase of their home development; please apply with an up to date CV quoting the reference Q98725A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.