This successful and ambitious retailer seeks an experienced Area Manager to join their dynamic team. Working across the Southern region, you will play a pivotal role, acting as the key link between the Commercial and Operations teams.
As an Area Manager, you will be expected to:
- Work in partnership with in-store management to ensure that sales targets are achieved and exceeded through the delivery of effective store planning, merchandising and customer service
- Engage store staff at all levels, presenting them with your findings of the current market, competitor’s sales and activity
- Analyse and monitor regional sales at store level, in order to make recommendations and relevant solutions to drive and optimise sales
- Influence colleagues to ensure product is available in-store in the most effective and attractive manner
- Trial new techniques and promotions; working strategically to identify new markets, sales opportunities and ways of reaching out to the customer
- Work closely with the Marketing and head office teams to ensure seasonal promotions are correctly conducted in-store, with seasonal items at the forefront of all relevant displays
- Track your competitors continuously, to ensure you are providing a better product and service to the customer, taking inspiration from the market and consequently driving innovation through the team.
As you will be covering the Southern region it is essential that you are able to drive and have full flexibility to travel during working hours.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced working successfully as an Area Manager or Regional Manager for a retail business
- Be confident speaking to colleagues at all levels with the ability to present your findings and influence colleagues to make commercial and beneficial decisions
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, along with a strong commercial mind with an in-depth knowledge of the retail market
- Be able to work independently and in partnership with both head office and in-store teams
- Have a passion for product, the retail industry and the ability to see things from both a creative and strategic perspective
As an Area Manager you will receive a competitive salary and company car as well as the chance to progress long term within this established business.
If you believe you have the relevant experience and you are an ambitious and dynamic character who enjoys working out in the field and leading your team to success, please apply now with an up to date CV.