A large UK retail business has recently opened an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join their Landscaping & Machinery products buying team based in London.
As the Assistant Buyer, you will have the following duties:
- Support the Buyers/Buying Manager in delivering targets
- Take part in the planning and delivery of the product ranges
- Monitor stock levels and prepare feedback and reports
- Assist in coming up with decisions to maintain, liquidate or dispose stocks and/or continue or discontinue product lines.
Compost, fertilizer, lawn mowers and gardening tools also fall into this category, and it will account for a large proportion of the business' trade. It is therefore important to have an interest in the product area but is not necessarily essential that you have experience buying these particular products.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience within the buying team of a similar retail business
- Background and experience in DIY retail, garden centres, and department stores
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
You will be rewarded with a salary of between £20- £25k plus good progression opportunities.
If you feel that you are a fit for this role, please send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.