A young and rapidly growing global business has an opening for an Assistant Category Buyer. This is a new role, created due to the continued success and expansion of the company.
In this position you will be responsible for assisting the lead category manager in ensuring efficient, cost effective and sustainable procurement to sustain a competitive advantage and maximise company profits.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in ensuring the timely negotiation of all agreements
- Ensure delivery of consistent and sustainable best value purchasing and supply
- Data Collection and analysis to prepare documents for tender
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and work in conjunction with suppliers to identify new products to be strategically sourced
- Keep up to date on industry trends and use market and data analysis to spot trends and make range recommendations
- Assist in developing an innovative range of products and services
To qualify for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in an assistant buying, merchandising or category management role
- Experience in the retail sector - experience in the food and beverage or health and beauty sectors would be advantageous but other sectors will also be considered
- Negotiation skills and an ability to maximise margins and hit income targets
- Ability to interpret retail data and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop long term relationships
If you have the experience required and would like to be part of a great team within a growing, successful, international business then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.