This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday household offerings is looking for a Buyer to manage one of their more established categories within their Well-Being range.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with fast-paced working environment and work with growing branded categories within Hand & Food care as well as weight loss and prevention. This category will look after a number of different products from specialist powders to small electric appliances; so will require strong negotiator who will be flexible across different branded categories.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the range, developing and implementing clear category plans
- identify and source new products and review existing; to ensure commercially viable range of products.
- The need to maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability.
- Dealing with promotional changes and exclusive products for the business.
- Building relationship with external vendors in this Trade based environment
- Sharing knowledge with the product development team to enhance the own-brand offering
You must be:
- An experienced Buyer ideally from an electrical, mixed products or health & beauty background; though other pure play or large blue-chip retail experience will be considered.
- Equipped with strong commercial acumen & negotiation skills to maximise profitability for the category.
- Have worked collaboratively with other team including marketing, product development and planning.
- Numerical and analytical with excellent attention to detail
This is a brilliant role within a market leader in the UK retail industry. The successful candidate will also be able to earn bonus potential (last year this was 12k!) and join their company pension scheme. If you're interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience, please apply now quoting the reference Q99002.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.