Senior Buyer/Buying Manager- Upholstery- Up to £80k
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most well-known and successful retail businesses. They are looking to hire a Senior Buyer to work on one of their core categories.
This role will shape the future direction of the brand, and with an active succession plan in place, the role will potentially progress to a director leve role within 3 years.
In the role you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing buying strategies and plans for the seasonal products category
- Assisting in driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy for the category
- Ensuring the quality and value of the assigned range and category
- Ensuring that all buying transactions are in compliance with the contract principles
- Maintaining strong working relationships and negotiating the best prices with suppliers
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Stores and web/ecommerce based experience
- Substantial experience in a buying role, preferably in a homewares environment
- Experience in upholstery is absolutely essential, preferably high-end
- Strong commercial acumen
- Passion for retail, good eye for commercially viable products
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Educated to Degree level
This is a good opportunity to learn and develop as a professional in an exciting new environment.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive base salary of up to £80k with excellent benefits. If you think that you have the right qualifications for this position, please send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.