This market leading FTSE 100 high street retailer with a large high-street presence is looking for a Buying Controller for a division of their business.
You will be controlling the buying strategy for all sales channels & delivering strategic, customer and financial goals. This retailer specialises in Gifting, Fashion, Accessories & stocks a number of well-know high-street and premium brands.
The ideal candidate for this role will have exceptional experience from a high street background with branded experience with a proven ability to lead a senior team to shape and deliver the business strategy and goals.
Your roles include -
Through the management of a team of buyers -
- maximise sales and profit opportunities and meet targets for new products and suppliers, gross and net margin & space productivity
- Managing a category with a turnover or 110 - 125 million.
- Work with marketing team to develop effective customer communications, POS, catalogues and CRM
- Work with VM team to ensure optimum product presentation and placement which supports the brand & sales strategy.
- Inspiring and developing the team through proactive succession planning and development.
- Clear communication of the Business and Operating plan and gaining buy-in from internal stake-holders
- Responding to market trends, anticipating customer needs and identifying emerging opportunities.
- Working with external FMCG brands & suppliers to ensure the assortment has a compelling price and exclusive deals
- Exceptional negotiating and supplier management skills
- Develop and motivate the team to hit certain goals and milestones.
To be successful you must be a-
- Have a proven background from a Retail Buying or Category Management background.
- Have a strong commercial instinct
- Has dealt with branded categories with a large number of SKU's
- Have a great balance across the perceived Leadership behaviours that will be complimentary in delivering commercial success whilst adhering to the customer requirements
- Good working knowledge of merchandising, B and M systems, supply chain and quality control
- Experience of working in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Have managed and led a team
- Excellent communication at all levels including influence at a director & stakeholder level
This is a 6-9 months contract initially with potential permanent opportunity after and in return you will work for a retailer with a strong UK high-street presence. lf you feel that you have the right commercial acumen with the range of leadership styles to deliver then please send your cv quoting the reference Q96680.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.