A great buying opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most established retail businesses. They are looking to hire a Buying Manager for their Produce category which will involve working primarily with European suppliers.
As the Buying Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing buying and sourcing strategies and plans for the product category
- Identifying and sourcing new products to further improve the existing range
- Deliver improved costs by utilising commodity market information and negotiating the best prices
- Managing supplier performance, developing new suppliers and working together to develop innovative and feasible propositions
- Delivering wider business initiatives
- Working cross functionally to optimize the supply chain
To qualify for this role, you must have the following:
- Substantial experience in a buying or procurement role, preferably within the Produce category
- Strong commercial acumen
- Understanding of range and trade planning
- Passion for retail, good eye for commercially viable products
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- An understanding of global supply chains and the complexities involved
- Supply and stakeholder management skills
This is a great opportunity to learn and develop as a professional in an exciting, fast paced culture of change. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive base salary and excellent blue chip benefits. If you think that you have the right qualifications for this position, please send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.