A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Food Buying Manager to join one of the UK's leading online retailers.
As Buying manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing the overall strategic direction and financial plans for your category
- Delivering propositions and ranges targeted at the customer, including some NPD
- Managing the supplier relationship through effective negotiation and delivering added value for the business through identifying new suppliers
- Monitoring and driving sales performance through the continuous review of key competitor activity and adjustment of the proposition as appropriate
- Delivering promotional propositions targeted at the customer
- Support commercial management and analysis for forecasts and sales figures
- Manage and coach the buying team
As Buying Manager your skills will ideally include:
- Wealth of Buying experience within a retail environment, ideally in food but other category experience will be considered
- Sound commercial acumen and excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and structured - strong time management skills
- Computer literacy and highly numerate
This is a brilliant role which offers a starting salary of £40k-£55k as well as a strong benefits package.
If working for a leading retailer with unparalleled progression opportunities appeals to you, then don't hesitate to apply.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.