A leading retailer & supplier is looking to recruit a Buying Manager to oversee a key product area within their Drinks category.
As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and European suppliers.
- New product development opportunities
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis, whilst satisfying customer needs
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience from a Retail or Supplier in BWS, Cider, other food or impulse backgrounds.
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness to help understand market conditions
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Maintain and developed supplier relationships
In return you will work for a retailer with a great international, blue-chip company with huge presence within the UK market. This position comes with a car allowance, pension and bonus potential.
This is a business where leadership and behavioural competencies are essential for the fit of the business! As well as this the company does offer relocation for the right candidate; if not based in the local area currently.
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99531.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.