A leading retailer & supplier is looking to recruit a Buying Manager to oversee a key product area within their Drinks category.
This business is has been established for over 50 years and has a turnover of over 2 Billion and is still growing and gaining market share.
As a Senior Buyer you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and international suppliers.
- New product development opportunities
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis, whilst satisfying customer needs
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience from a Retail or Supplier in BWS, Cider, other food or impulse backgrounds will be considered.
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness to help understand market conditions
- Have delivered outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Maintain and developed supplier relationships
In return you will work renowned wholesaler and retailer that has lots if business and commercial opportunities to progress. This position comes with a car allowance, pension and bonus potential and work in a lovely part of the UK!
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99377.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.