This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Senior Buyer within their Electrical category. With over 200 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for a committed individual for their multi-channel offer.
As a Buyer you'll be responsible for growing and leading a product category through existing and new suppliers and also looking to developed their own-brand ranges. Products will include plugs, torches, charges extension cables, sockets & switches etc.
Your responsibilities are-
- Developing sourcing strategy for the category
- Driving sales & Profitability
- Category Manager to create product ranges that meets the customer needs.
- Far East & European sourcing trip
- Analysing past sales trends to anticipate future needs
- The need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Work closely with Proposition & Merchandising teams regarding Category Management
- Develop supplier & range reviews
- Supplier negotiation and striving to improve up mutually effective relationships
To be successful you will-
- Have Buyer/Sourcing experience at a Buying Manager, Category or Senior Buyer level within a similar product range.
- International sourcing experience
- Experience with Internal stake holder management
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product categories will be considered -Storage, Outdoor Furniture & Shelving
- High influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in a ever-changing market
- Have accountability of a category of 30 - 150 million & in control of the OTB.
This blue chip business does offer relocation packages (if needed), car, private healthcare bonuses and other benefits. If you feel you have the relevant experience & can add value at this level then please send your cv quoting the reference Q96807.
- d to
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.