New Buyer Opportunity for a reputable UK retailer on the high-street.
This role is responsible for the effective delivery & leadership of the Buying strategy within this category and will track the relevant budgets to ensure delivery of profit margins for the business area.
This person will be buying within Home essentials; the days to day mixed - products that are needed in the home! They would need great commercial acumen but also a strong product eye with some creative flair and Far East Sourcing experience & also branded experience is desirable.
Your roles include -
- Ability to work within a budget & be able to trade profit opportunities
- FE Sourcing
- Set retail selling price
- Working alongside suppliers & customers in European market
- Ensure pricing & quality of assortments is in line with agreed business strategy
- Category performance - e.g. sales, wastage, profit, market share, LFL, volume, price index, return on shelf space
- Product development involvement within own brand
- select, plan & put forward appropriate offers for promotional store space
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buyer and / or product development experience in Home or Home improvements or other similar product categories
- Suitable for candidates commutable from North London or the Home counties
- Ability to lead and coach to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Far-east sourcing experience
- Product development experience
In return you will work for a retail with a great international high-street presence who as a group is a well respected blue-chip retailer in their field.
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q98520.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.