New Buyer Opportunity for a reputable UK retailer on the high-street.
This role is responsible for the effective delivery & leadership of the Buying strategy within this category and will track the relevant budgets to ensure delivery of profit margins for the business area.
This person will be buying within their Pre-school Toy category. The products include wooden, educational & bath toys. You will need great commercial acumen with strong negotiation skills with suppliers but also a strong product eye with International Sourcing experience.
Your roles include -
- Ability to work within a budget & be able to trade profit opportunities
- FE Sourcing
- Set retail selling price
- Working alongside suppliers & customers in European market
- Ensure pricing & quality of assortments is in line with agreed business strategy.
- Category performance - e.g. sales, wastage, profit, market share, LFL, volume, price index, return on shelf space
- Product development involvement within own brand & international sourcing.
- select, plan & put forward appropriate offers for promotional store space
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buyer, or Junior Buying Management experience
- Own-brand experience is also desirable.
- Experience in Toys, gifts or electrical experience will all be considered.
- Suitable for candidates commutable from North London or the Home counties
- Management experience is not essential as this is an Entry level Management role; however you should have the capability to lead and coach to deliver outstanding results!
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retail with a great international high-street presence who as a group is a well respected blue-chip retailer in their field.
Not only this you will also receive great benefits including car allowance, pension & subsidence gym membership and free parking!
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you & you have the required experience please send your cv quoting the reference Q99341.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.