The Category Analyst will be an integral part of the Category Management team, becoming a category expert as well as an expert on the customer (major multiple).
The successful candidate will collaborate internally with opportunity to present category insights to the broader organisation and customer.
Category Insights Expert Responsibilities:
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly category insights (e.g. brand & retailer performance, latest consumer trends, competitor performance and strategies) to support the team across our categories
- Deliver ad hoc analyses as required to support the category teams to prepare business proposals or to deep-dive on business issues and opportunities
- Become the team expert in all the available market data systems (EPOS, household panel, Asda Retail link, promotional effectiveness etc) and weekly / monthly reporting
- Develop analysis of plans: understand Range review performance, New Product performance, Promotion effectiveness & shares and effectiveness of our commercial strategy
- Ad hoc analysis of key business questions and clear summary of insights and recommendation to the relevant stakeholders
- Tracking of in-store activity on P&G and competitor activity including shelf pricing/promotion/display & reporting of significant changes
- Support the broader team in preparation for key meetings such as external customer meetings and category business reviews.
2-4 years previous experience analysing and interpreting data from a variety of sources would be beneficial.
Previous knowledge of data sources used in the FMCG industry
- Blue chip experience is advantageous
- Bachelor's degree, higher education is advantageous
- The successful candidate will be able to deliver multiple priorities, multiple category responsibility and autonomously deliver projects on time
- The candidate will need to work closely with both external and internal stakeholders from different functions and at various levels in the organisation, quickly building credibility and good working relationships.
- The candidate will quickly need to become a business and category expert on the business and use this knowledge to support the categories in making key business decisions
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.