I am currently looking for a Category Food Buyer looking to join a Purchasing department. Responsible for delivery of an effective strategy throughout the business that champions the drive for reduced costs aligned with improved business practices in partnership with key suppliers whilst ensuring company strategic and operational objectives are met.
- Responsible for negotiation and development of new sourcing opportunities.
- Deliver the successful negotiation and completion of contracts suitable for each category with clear KPIs identified to drive and deliver business and cost efficiencies across the business
- Manage multiple projects -short, medium and long term
- Responsible for achieving the required profit percentage.
- Advise the business on key food developments; macro-economic and environmental risk factors and new product and process developments
Skills & Requirements
- Graduate Calibre.
- Preferably CIPS qualified.
- Food purchasing experience, various categories, preferably within foodservice / wholesale environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of strategic purchasing / category management.
- Self-driven for personal development.
- Strategic and problem solver.
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written
- Confident to challenge standard ways of purchasing.
- Ability to multi-task
- Clearly defined project management skills
up to £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.