Category Manager- East Midlands- Timber
My client, a hugely successful multi-brand retail and wholesaler, is looking for an accomplished Buyer, Product Manager or Category Manager covering their Timber category.
The overall purpose of the role is to:
- Manage suppliers to deliver reduced COGs, improve margin opportunity and maintain competitive advantage
- Manage and develop the supplier relationships to optimise supply and exploit efficient routes to market
- Work closely with the commercial teams to develop product ranges in line with customer needs and to improve market penetration opportunities
- Identify and realise continual process improvement
- Conduct regular overseas sourcing trips to ensure best value for money
I am looking for a strong negotiator, highly literate and with previous product development experience in a similar role.
In addition to the above, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Source and negotiate the supply of quality products to meet the identified business needs
- Manage the supply base and improve supplier performance levels e.g. OTIF and lead times
- Ensure suppliers fully understand and meet service requirements
- Manage KPI's to monitor financial and other product performance targets and initiate action plans to ensure these targets are met
- Monitor competitor activity to assess and evaluate position in the market place to realise and identify opportunities
- Ensure all negotiations and communications are transacted in accordance with the requirements of the Competition Act
The salary bracket for the above position is £50-£55k and comes with a car, pension, healthcare and all the usual trimmings, including a competitive bonus.
If you have experience in all of the above and are looking for an exciting new challenge, please apply today using an up-to-date CV or feel free to call Richard Ashcroft on 0208 222 0555 for a confidential discussion.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.