New Category Manager Opportunity for a reputable UK retailer on the high-street.
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Category/Buying Manager to manage a varied range of products. This well-established company is seeking a forward thinking, innovative individual to develop their branded and own branded products, and for continued further product development & FE Sourcing to support the range and category.
The responsibilities of this exciting role include:
- To deliver a cohesive, credible and balanced range of branded and own brand products that support the overall business strategic vision.
- Category performance - e.g. sales, wastage, profit, market share, LFL, volume, price index, return on shelf space
- Select, plan & put forward appropriate offers for promotional store space
- Analysing competitor activity
- Stock monitoring & working closely with the Merchandise Planning Manager
- You must also be a team-player, as you will be working alongside other professionals in order to develop the product lines, and providing training for junior associates.
- Work alongside the Franchise partners on range structure, supplier contacts & margin expectations.
- Propose price changes for all channels
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Have led the Buying strategy within budget and allowing for the maximum ROI.
- Product development involvement within own brand
- Category Management or Buying experience where you have full & complete ownership of the range and category.
- Have been involved with, range reviews, promotional plans & pricing plans.
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills
- Buying experience (preferably working within a High Street, Fashion or Department Store experience.
- Excellent communication at all levels
This role will provide you the opportunity to work within an extremely innovative and fast growing company, offering excellent salary and benefits. This role will provide you the opportunity to work within an extremely innovative and fast growing company, offering excellent salary and benefits. If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role, please apply now quoting the reference Q99316 .
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.