Our client is a part of a globally renowned group of Hotels & Resorts representing some of the best and most varied global portfolio of hotels. If passion for work and sales maximisation is your driving force, than you are the person we are looking for.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for:
* Developing the sales strategy for the hotel and managing its implementation and is responsible for communicating this strategy to the sales and events teams.
* Working closely with Director of Revenue to implement and follow agreed sales strategies and to maximise productivity & sales.
* Managing the Sales and Events teams to ensure the efficient day to day operation of the Sales Department. This position will take responsibility for the Hotel's sales team, liaising daily with the General Manager on sales related issues.
* Conducting performance appraisals for all reports, ensuring that pre-agreed objectives are achieved. Where required, identifying appropriate development actions.
* Working with the Director of Revenue, sets annual revenue targets for all direct sales people, ensuring that they are clear on their revenue target and have a planned strategy to achieve their goals.
* Proactively manages a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintains valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensures all follow up is executed in a timely matter.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in leading the Sales function in a luxury 5 star hotel.
* Experience in The Middle East is a plus.
* Experience in a Corporate Hotel is a plus.
* Proficiency in Arabic is a plus.
* Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English and at least one additional language.
* A highly strategic thinker with proven ability to showcase how innovative thinking has radically impacted their clients' bottom line.
* Can successfully build a good working relationship with the ExCom team.
* Excellent organisational & administrative skills with managerial experience.
* Provide unflappable and inspired leadership to drive the Sales team to success.
* Willing to contribute at all levels of the property and help whenever necessary to get the job done.
* Skills to anticipate and predict market dynamics and take appropriate action.
* To always be on alert for sales opportunities to improve revenue.
* Take appropriate calculated risks to increase Market Share.
* Strategise and drive performance.
* Have entrepreneurial approach and take ownership.
* Ability to priorities tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
* Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
* Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility with senior management
* High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
* Last but by no means least, a Team Player, someone who understands the importance of taking ownership of the role as Sales Director and will take the team members to new heights.
You will be entitled to the following:
A competitive tax-free salary and expatriates benefits as per Qatari Law.
If you don't hear back from us, please note that due to the requirements of this role, we can only respond to candidates who meet the above criteria.
This is a challenging position which in return assures a rewarding tax-free salary package. If you have the drive and determination to succeed within a highly rewarding environment, please send us your CV at Tania@questsearch.ae
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.