Our client is seeking a European Senior Buyer for their UK team. The business prides itself on a culture of constant innovation, cost leadership and developing and distributing a wide range of market leading nutritious products. This position is an integral part of the UK team, interacting extensively with all functions within the business. It will also play a very important role in the wider European business, working closely with key stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities and areas of activity for this role will include:
- Collection and analysis of market intelligence on suppliers, competitors, commodities and innovation
- Proposing, supporting and implementing sourcing strategies which optimise the potential value of the supply chain and product portfolio
- Expression of the buying strategy in supplier selection to enhance the supplier portfolio
- Supplier relationship management to maximise added value and optimise their integration into the innovation and supply chain process
- Supplier negotiations and leading COGS and saving projects
The right candidate will either be looking to leverage their experience to date by stepping up to a European-level role or will be aiming to join a smaller company where they can make a real impact. In addition, the essential skills and experience required are:
- Experience in a senior buyer level role in a FMCG and/or retail environment. International experience will be very beneficial
- Ability to manage diverse relationships and drive alignment cross functionally and across countries
- Excellent commercial and consumer knowledge of the European FMCG market
- Tenacity, determination and the ability to inspire others
If this sounds like the ideal next move for you and you have the skills and experience required, then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.