Development and implementation of thorough and detailed marketing initiatives aimed at developing sales in key fine wine channels.
In addition, he/she will be required to manage some of the fine wine categories from procurement to inventory management.
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Implement, track and report on strategic initiatives in key channels related to activation
- Develop and report against annual category plans.
- Design and implement innovative marketing initiatives for different channels, liaise with marketing regarding production of sales materials for KAMs and trade customers alike to help pull through of wines.
- Plan, organize and accompany principal visits to include customer visits, staff trainings, trade and consumer dinners.
- Monthly reporting to principals where required.
- Support En Primeur campaigns to ensure maximum sales, profitability and efficiencies.
- Support fine wine sales in channels such as On-Trade, International Strategic, Spinneys and retail channels with customer visits and marketing initiatives.
- Manage the growth and profitability of assigned fine wine categories, including management of principal relationships, allocations, key customers both trade and private.
- Manage principal relationships and introduce new / drop agencies as and when required and agreed with line manager.
- Manage allocations of fine wines and sales strategies to ensure maximum company benefit.
- Co-ordinate and manage fine wine principal visits to ensure that all sales teams and clients gain exposure to their brands. Circulate calendar to relevant stake holders.
- Forecasting and supply chain responsibility of fine wines to ensure consistency and appropriate stock levels of all wines on offer.
- 7+ year's experience in the wine industry with experience at a broking firm, luxury drinks retailer or auction house a benefit.
- In depth understanding of luxury drinks retail and on-trade channels.
- Excellent sales, presentation, negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Experience required in managing principal relationships and B2B wine sales.
- Experience managing inventory required.
- WSET Diploma holder or equivalent.
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of the wine industry as a whole especially luxury drinks retail and on-trade channels.
- Innovative skills - demonstrate ability to think outside the box
- Proven project management skills
French speaker, knowledge of Spanish
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.