My client, one of the UK's biggest multi product retailers, is currently looking to strengthen their commercial team with an Equipment Buying Specialist.
You will sit in the merchandising team and provide the most efficient equipment to the Merchandisers. You will balance the requests with the merchandising principles whilst driving cost reductions.
Whether it is improving an existing display or solving the riddle of how to showcase new products on the shop floor in a safe manner you will be constantly challenged to deliver solutions that excite the customer
In the role, your duties will include:
- Understanding the Merchandisers' requirements and interpret them into the brief for suppliers
- Work collaboratively with GNFR to find the best supplier and the most 'fit for purpose' equipment
- Create specific equipment in response to business needs
- Follow up the prototype process for the new equipment references
- Propose more effective solutions to merchandise category products
- Work closely with the equipment buyer to continually drive down the costs
- Always adhere to health and safety rules and ensure anyone using and dealing with the equipment understands the rules
Successful candidates will:
- Communicate effectively
- Prioritise effectively and work well to deadlines
- Display commitment
- Be commercially aware
- Have previous experience of buying fixtures and fittings or similar
- Be a natural problem solver
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with great benefits, a competitive salary and a role that offers UK and EU travel when necessary.
Please apply now with an up to date CV quoting reference Q102322
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.