A unique and hugely successful food business that supplies innovative, high quality and speciality foods is seeking a buyer for one of their biggest spend areas.
The business is committed to providing inspiration and excellence to a wide variety of customers right across the food industry and they offer strong development opportunities to their employees.
As a buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage your supply base in line with category plans and build and maintain effective relationships
- Negotiating contract terms with suppliers to achieve optimum commercial benefit
- Identify and implement cost saving and improved supply opportunities to drive continuous improvement in range, quality and pricing
- Work with the wider buying tem to develop the business buying processes and strategy
- Work cross functionally across the business to ensure continuity of supply and successful execution of new product launches and projects
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 3 years buying experience. Strong junior buying experience will be considered.
- Have experience in food buying - experience in chilled, dairy, meat, ambient ingredients and commodities will be beneficial
- Have an understanding of supply chains and international markets and suppliers
- Have excellent communication skills across all levels of business and be able to influence
- Be able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and decision makers
- Have a strong commercial acumen and be a confident negotiator
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
If you feel you have the experience required and are looking to join a business that continues to experience success then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.