Food Buyer- West London
We are looking for an experienced Food or Ingredients Buyer to lead the buying function for a new and niche restaurant chain, based in West London.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing purchasing best practice and driving projects that will develop the supplier strategy to deliver maximum value to the business.
You will have previous experience of managing the centralisation of existing suppliers whilst remaining true to the "locally sourced" model.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing all suppliers and contracts for Food & Beverage
- Involvement in all aspects of the purchasing cycle from sourcing and negotiations to supplier management and performance
- Developing comprehensive and improved service level agreements across all key suppliers
- Developing excellent working relationships with all suppliers
- Working closely with other departments at both a strategic and operational level
- Consistently deliver savings and service enhancements each year through effective tendering and negotiation of contracts
- Delivering strategic projects that drive the business forwards
Specific experience and skills required:
- Strong commercial skills and financial awareness
- Experience negotiating on and purchasing a broad range of food related categories
- Experience working in retail or hospitality environments
- Powerful communication skills, able to establish and maintain relationships and engage key people at all levels within the business
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Well-developed project management skills and attention to detail gained through the structured delivery of large-scale, complex projects
The client has also indicated that a CIPS qualification would be beneficial, but not 100% necessary and would also be willing to pay for the right candidate to attain this.
With superb bonuses and benefits, this role will pay between £35 and £40k for the right experience.
If this looks like a role you'd enjoy, please apply using an up-to-date CV, ideally in word format.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.