An industry with a vision to make the country the world's leading destination for all major exhibitions, conferences and events has opened an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Group Manager - Conference. To research and develop effective and competitive conference agenda, contents and programs that are commercially profitable and sustainable for company's new Conference Department in the Exhibitions and Events Management Division.
As a Group Manager - Conference you will be responsible with the following:
- Researching Market Trends To Identify Opportunities For Conferences/Confex/Exhibitions
- Researching On Topics And Agenda For Existing Conferences Accompanying Key Exhibitions In Portfolio
- Researching And Producing Conference Programs/Topics/Content And Speakers That Are Commercially Attractive For Sponsorships And Delegates.
- Liaising With Clients To Ascertain Their Precise Event Requirements;
- Producing Detailed Proposals And Concepts For Events (E.G. Timelines, Venues, Suppliers, Legal Obligations, Staffing And Budgets);
- Managing And Executing A Budget For Optimum Financial Delivery
- Securing And Booking A Suitable Venue Or Location;
- Ensuring Insurance, Legal, Health And Safety Obligations Are Adhered To;
- Identifying And Securing Speakers Or Special Guests;
- Coordinating Staffing Requirements And Staff Briefings;
- Manages Selling Sponsorship/Stand/Exhibition Space To Potential Exhibitors/Partners;
- Overseeing The Dismantling And Removal Of The Event And Clearing The Venue Efficiently;
- Post-Event Evaluation (Including Data Entry And Analysis And Producing Reports For Event Stakeholders).
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years in conference management position
- Strong marketing / industry intelligence and awareness
- Strong rationalization and analytical skills
- Ability to lead a team, and lead by example Exceptional detail in follow-up. Knowledge of menu development. Strong technical skills. Excellent time management skills, multitasking
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Hands-up on approach strategic and good commercial acumen.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Ability to produce consistent profits. Follow/enforce company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems. Assume responsibility/accountability. Solid skills in selling and negotiation
- Creative in problem solving
- Team player
Give an excitement on your career and if you think you are qualified in this position, don't hesitate and apply now. Send your CV to us and a rewarding salary package is waiting for you!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.