A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Head of Buying to oversee one of the growing product divisions their Food categories. As a head of category you will be responsible for owning and influencing the trading plan to reduce costs, optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
Here you will develop and implement a category based trading plan that leverages scale and efficiency that delivers and exceeds income budgets whilst supporting all parts of the succession plan.
In this role you will be looking after a team from Buying Manager's, Buyers, graduates and support staff. Through your team you will lead and get the buy in for your trategy.ie sales plan, cost of goods & brand.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Optimise terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's sales and income plan
- To assist the recruitment, induction, training, development and management
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading or Category Management at a Senior, Manager or Head of Level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment.
- This will need someone with high influence and ability to challenge the status quo
- Have the tenacity ownership & drive to develop the potential of the category
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards large & complex P & L budgets and making both reactive and proactive decisions from this.
- Manage and implement projects which will increase sales & income
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, Distribution & Marketing teams
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which includes Bonus, Private healthcare, Generous car or car allowance & Contributory Pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q97283.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.