This UK business is looking to recruit a Head of Buying to oversee the Category Food team. This person will report into the Head of Trading and will include leading and overseeing the Buyers within Food & Beverage and requires an individual with a proven track record in managing a buying department.
As a Head of Category you will be responsible for owning and influencing the trading plan to reduce costs, optimise terms with suppliers and to maximise turnover and profitability. Here you will develop and implement a category based trading plan that leverages scale and efficiency that delivers and exceeds income budgets whilst supporting all parts of the succession plan and own-brand development.
In this role you will be looking after a team from Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and category assistance & Through your team you will lead and get the buy-in for your strategy.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Optimise terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's sales and income plan
- To assist the recruitment, induction, training, development and management
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading or Category Management at a Senior, Manager or Head of Level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment where you have led a buying team.
- Having excellent supplier and range management skills,
- You will be able to build effective relationships both within and outside of the business.
- Strong customer focus with
- Good communication skills and the ability to motivate and develop a team are essential.
- This will need someone with high influence and ability to challenge the status quo
- Have the tenacity ownership & drive to develop the potential of the category
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards large & complex P & L budgets and making both reactive and proactive decisions from this.
- Manage and implement projects which will increase sales & income
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, Distribution & Marketing teams
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which includes bonus car or car allowance & contributory pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99364.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.