This independent retailer is looking for a Head of Buying in Home within their Home, Bathroom & Gifting ranges. The key focus of this role is leading a team in driving the performance and making key commercial decisions regarding product and profitability within Home Living & Indoor.
This a lifestyle brand & retailer so ideally looking for someone within a department store or premium retail high-street, lifestyle or garden centre background.
As the Head of Buying you will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive new product sourcing and maintain premium brand identity.
- Optimise the performance of the buying function through existing supply chain evaluation, sourcing new product from UK, Europe and Asia, that fit within the expected margins.
- Selecting & negotiation an aspirational product range is maintained.
- Implementation of new product strategy - The Management, development launch of Own-Brand
- liaison with the Store teams, buyers & supply chain processes.
- Management of supplier relationships to ensure high service levels continue and to optimise terms and conditions.
To qualify for this position, the following qualifications are required:
- Substantial years experience as a Senior Buyer or Head of level
- Home & Gifting experience is essential from a similar customer focused environment.
- People/team Management experience with a track record of developing and leading a team
- Developed leadership qualities
- Highly analytical & strong negotiation skills to monitor performance of categories.
- Has worked cross-functionally across teams
- Business astute with good market knowledge
- Own label & Branded buying experience
- Be able to quickly identify strengths and weaknesses across the product range.
This is a great opportunity where some can really steer & influence the whole category for the business not only will you be rewarded with excellent benefits but also be part of a retailer than you are proud to part of! If you feel that you have the right skill-set for this position please send us your CV quoting the reference of Q96531.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.