This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and progressive business. The role is responsible for managing international purchasing and the supply chain to deliver long term competitive advantage by maximising value for money and creating value through new product development and efficient supply chain management.
As Head of International Procurement and Supply Chain your main responsibilities will include:
- To set strategic goals for procurement in line with the corporate strategy and market trends
- To manage and oversee the forecasting process to maintain supply cost effectively
- The effective management of a procurement team within the UK and China
- To manage costs within budget and liaise with the Finance Department and Senior Management in setting the Procurement budget
- To conduct and oversee all purchasing whether this relates to products, services such as HR, IT, freight overheads and sundries such as phones, cars, vending machines, etc.
- To review and report on supplier performance, conducting annual reviews of all major suppliers and annual visits
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a senior Procurement position within an FMCG business
- Understanding of international markets
- Team management experience and an ability to influence and encourage colleagues to work towards achieving required objectives
- Ability to set strategic direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate confidently and effectively within and across organisational boundaries, actively influencing activities within the business
- Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent)
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like a position for you and you are looking for an opportunity that will allow you to make your mark within a medium sized business then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.