Head of Legal
Our client is a growing Retail and Consumer business with a portfolio of many renowned brands across the MENA region.
Due to their expansion they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Head of Legal to manage their in-house legal department as well as lawyers and other third parties who contribute to overall legal function. The key responsibilities will cover the following:
· Providing legal advice and support to all the company's trading divisions
· Drafting, negotiating and/or vetting commercial contracts relating to joint ventures, distributorships/franchises, leases, mergers and acquisitions
· Attending to corporate matters including incorporation of companies, restructuring, secretarial support for the meetings of Board of Directors and shareholders
· Arranging for the protection of intellectual property rights
· Outsourcing legal services and liaising with external counsels as may be necessary
· Providing advice on employment contracts, contractor agreements and marketing agreements
· Providing advice on all legal issues relating to the business in terms of consumer products, retail and leasing.
· Being a good Ambassador for the company with relevant authorities and ministries.
· Ensures the best adherence to legality in business activities and protect the company's legal interests.
· Prepare opinions on legal questions arising in the course of business.
· Ensure good methodical management of legal work for the company and provide legal assistance to all departments in claims, preparation and transmission of the necessary materials to judicial and arbitral bodies.
· Represent company in court and other state and public organizations in the process of considering legal issues.
· Develops proposals to eliminate violations of contract terms in supplying products, shortcomings and improve production and economic-financial activity.
· Controls the observance of the company legally established order of product acceptance.
· Develops proposals on improvement of economic and financial activity.
· Manage the department's employees.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.