This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Head of Merchandising to lead, inspire & deliver on one of their headline categories. With over 200 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for committed Merchandiser within their one of their top performing categories.
Overall as a Merchandise Manager you will be leading your team to achieve sales and profit targets whilst building successful ranges, be involved in planning whilst responding to category trading performance.
Your responsibilities are-
- Prepare, propose and agree annual budget and operating plan for approval with the Merchandise Director
- Propose and agree forecasts and targets for sale, stock, availability, profit and margin in conjunction with the Buying Managers
- Developing business plans in managing stock exit plans is also essential including seasonal and end-off-line stock
- Planning promotions and markdowns as necessary.
- Training, Development & Succession Planning of team members
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas through effective stock, sales and merchandise planning.
- Review team and individual performance versus agreed commercial, corporate and personal targets and objectives.
- Provide coaching, training and development to the team.
- Communicate category performance and planned activity to close the gap at weekly trading meetings, with resulting actions cascaded to team
- Continuous improvement of vendor relationships and capabilities
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
To be successful you will-
Retail background with the relevant product categories however other will be considered - Supermarket, DIY, Furniture (indoor or Outdoors) Household & Home is desirable but not essential!
- Merchandising experience within a blue-chip retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI.
- Demonstrate skills in the delivery of sales, profit and stock targets in a complex and fast moving environment
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple produce areas, as well as store.
- Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin forecasting)
- Plan, budget and forecast for a time period of 3 -5 year future
- Ability to work to a high standard during sustained periods of high pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent commercial, trading and data interpretation skills
- Ability to problem solve in multi-channel business and cross-functional teams
- High level of influencing skills to make impact at director level
- Strong understanding of sourcing and global supply chains
- Ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire colleagues to achieve the highest possible level of performance
- Extensive range existing strong internal and external network, along with the ability to build new relationships
This business will offer full relocation if not in the current area and is open to consider both permanent and contract candidates (3-6months minimum), its also comes with a healthy car allowance and bonus potential and a great working head office to suit a flexible and supportive working environment. If you feel this would be the right opportunity for you please send your cv quoting the reference Q97190.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.